Sunday 23 March 2008

UK MPs DEBATE CLIMATE CHANGE

I often moan about the failure of politicians to rise above the tide of the prevailing bandwagon and be of an independent mind. However, here is a link to a recent debate in the UK parliament in which one or two brave MPs were prepared to speak out. It is only a very few, but at least it is a start. The debate is rather long and many MPs are fully signed up alarmists, and trot out the well-worn mantra. However some interesting points were raised by the few. I particularly like the following quote:

On the Stern report - Professor Richard Tol of Carnegie Mellon University, a world leading environmental economist said "If a student of mine were to hand in this report as a Masters thesis, perhaps if I were in a good mood, I would give him a 'D' for diligence; but more likely, I would give him an 'F' for fail."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Climate Science welcomes your views/messages.